Saturday, November 5, 2011

Living With a Bunch of Boys

Today started with music floating up the stairs.
"Driving down the highway, highway 64,
when Jack let a fart, and blew us out the door!
The wheels started shaking, the engine fell apart,
all because of Jack's supersonic fart!"
The funny part was that Jack was singing this song about himself. This tune is a great picture of what life with boys entails. I love it. All three times I was pregnant I hoped for a girl. Sigh. It's a boy, it's a boy, it's another boy. .... I couldn't be more grateful. Do you know there is something I am really bad at? Vibrating my cheek in such a way that it sounds exactly like a machine gun. I cannot do it at all, I try sometimes. Instead of shopping, we all go to the range and shoot big guns. Hey, I'm trying to fit in here ok?
There is a part of me that wishes I could buy a little Tinkerbell costume and tiny tea-cups. Oh, and it would be so neat to set up an awesome doll house. Instead we have camouflage and legos, and being ridiculous. "Hi, I'm Swineman" James comes up to me and says. I guess that's what you become when you are too big to be Spiderman.
The other crazy difference is the technical jargon. "Mom I can't find my Springfield!!!!!" "What??" "My Springfield!" "I don't understand the question." "I mean my big brown gun." "Oh, I think its in the basement." They constantly quiz each other on weapon model numbers, airplane numbers, P58, F28 etc... (I made those up cause I have no clue, and I can't bring myself to want to know...) Anyway, all this to say, its fun and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment